Saturday, December 12, 2009

record bugs and suggestions here

The "alpha" version of our website is here: http://myblink.org/. Please record any problems or suggestions as comments here. I have already suggested two items:

1. Make the tagline something like this: "BLink links organizations, issues, and people in the Greater Boston Area for social change."

2. Instead of using the word "node" anywhere in the site (for instance, "add a node," or "recent nodes"), use the word "BLink." You add a "BLink" to the map when you add an organization or an issue. Each dot on the interactive map is a BLink.

Changes in these items are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. So far I have had a few issues.
    1. The website didn't work but I guess now it is working.
    2. Those pictures on the long in screen should probably be clickable but they are not.
    3. On "add organization" it doesn't allow you to add contact info (phone/email) but then when displaying the organizations page has empty spaces where the info should go.
    4. The organization I just added (WMFO) is not on the map or at least I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also had a few issues while creating nodes:
    -There is no place for phone and email when creating the node, but they appear blank once the node is created (like Daniel said)
    -The "add relationships" function was inconsistent and sometimes would not work. I selected the relationship I wanted to add, but it would not show up when I clicked on "add." Also, a few times it would only allow me to add one relationship to a node, and each time I tried to add an additional one, the newest one would erase the previous one. I was able to solve this problem by saving the node then going back to edit it, but not otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Zoe said, I had issues adding more than one relationship because it would just erase the previous relationship and put the new one, instead of having it added as another relationship.

    Also, I didn't even know where the "save" button was till I saw a little word at the bottom that said "save." It should be made into a clickable "button" or something, so it's evident.

    ReplyDelete