Saturday, December 12, 2009

Experiencing with Blink

I browsed around the website. I tried to create my own profile using the same username for the other blog that we had (with myopenid). I am not certain if I successfully create my profile because it seemed like it didn't go through. I also couldn't upload my profile picture. It showed up to an error page. So, I think we need to fix on that.

One more thing that I am concern while using the website is that the page of making the profile is just not that great for me. I don't really like it. I think it's easier if there are indications of what to put in a profile, such as network, locations, interests, activities, contact info, education, etc. and at the end perhaps a little box of "about yourself" or "about organization." I hope you guys can picture what I'm trying to say here. But the indications can vary between organizations and individuals.

I know that we mention this in class already, but I think we should add a calender to the website somewhere. A calender that indications what is happening during this month. What are the opportunities or big events - show publicly because sometimes people are just lazy to physically browse or search what they need to do. Yes, I know that eventually there will be so many events happening at the same time - we can fix/change that after the website has gone live for a few months or so. OR we should have a calender of each person and each organization. I think it will be more efficient and organized.

One last thing, what is the actual home page? We can incorporate the calender in the home page - perhaps for new users to have a sense of what the website is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment