Saturday, December 12, 2009

new BLinks on BLinks.org

I posted two new blinks today and created my account on the site. youthvoteMA is a site that I started my junior year of high school, and I think has potential to make connections in the Tufts community. "The site was created as a resource for students and anyone of voting age to get information and resources for registering to vote. It was created as a part of a Girl Scout Gold Award Project in Westborough, MA. The project is focused on providing the youth of Massachusetts with the information, resources and opportunity to register to vote. By developing this website, holding local voter registration drives, and encouraging others to do the same, the project will work to open the door for many prospective voters." I linked it to "education and literacy" and "CIRCLE," because CIRCLE provided me with much of the information I used to create the site.

The second BLink I created was for the Somerville Journal, a local newspaper in Somerville. I discovered that its parent company is the same as my hometown paper and many in MA. I thought that having the Somerville Journal on the site would be a great stepping stone to have them publish information about the site in the paper.

I plan to doing some clean-up of nodes later this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment