Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Somerville Community Corporation

Like some other people in the class, I haven't had any relative success contacting community organizations. I've emailed some people, and called but it's hard to get a hold of them through both channels, especially since through phone-calls it has to be between 9-4/5pm and at some points, I got directed through a channel of people because nobody knew who the right person would be to speak with.

Regardless, like Honey, I would like to target an interesting group in Somerville since I didn't have much success with the other groups I was supposed to contact. The SOmerville Community Corporation works with Somerville residents who are at risk of homelessness due to rent or utility arrears, high costs of housing, substandard housing, and other reasons. The program's primary goal is to stabilize families by helping them maintain their current housing. If the client needs to move, SCC helps them find new housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment